Links

Links back are appreciated. If you want your PSP hacking site linked here, contact me.

Also see:
Wii Component Cables

Wii Hacks
PS3 Hacks
Zune Hacks


Website Screenshot Thumbnails provided by WebShotsPro.com

Archives

LiquidIce's PSP Go Hacks

PSP Hacks, PSP Go Hacks, News, and Info. Find out about PSP Hacks and tricks such as: Converting video to PSP format. Running homebrew software. Compile PSP Linux. PSP Home Control. PSP Swap Trick. PSP Web Browsers. PSP WiFi Functionality. PSP controlled car

Sony PSP




Powered by Blogger


Starcraft 2 Cheats

Check out this Starcraft 2 Cheats Video
PSP Topsite Links

PSP Top Sites

Vote on the PSP Top 200
PSP Top 200 - Games, Videos, 

Wallpapers, Files, Hacks, Homebrew









Wednesday, September 28, 2005

PSP 2.0 Downgrader

Sweet! Congrats to all of the 2.0 users out there. Welcome to the wonderful world of PSP homebrew! For all of the related files pspupdates.com usually keeps a nice database of goodies in their file section.

I'm curious if there are any side effects to dong this. I wanted to try upgrading to 2.0 so I can use the browser, then downgrade back to 1.5. I'm sure in a few more weeks they will have diffed the two firmwares, and 2.0 psp's will be fully hacked- no downgrade required. Time will tell.

I am simply amazed at the amount of combined knowledge that has gone into bringing this little machine this far, with no dev kits or documentation. Much respect to MPH and the others involved in making this happen.

Remember kids, it's all about the homebrew. Don't do bad things with the knowledge you gain in the dark corners of the internet.

3 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I upgraded a friend's PSP from 1.52 to 2.0 (the Japanese 2.0, that is) the day Sony released it. And frankly, I was a little disappointed. Yes, the browser is nice (and, I guess one could argue that it should have been part of the original 1.0 firmware, but I digress) but it's just not that useful.

Sort of like the PDA webbrowsers in the 90s or those like WAP-based cell phone browsers in the mid-90s. Kind of cool to have and actually useful if you know you'll want to bid on an eBay item or something. But if you already know that you'll want to bid, you might as well just use a computer.

I tried to read /. on my friend's PSP and it's painfully slow. The interface worked surprisingly well but the actual browser itself wasn't all that impressive. It's okay for checking something real quick but it's pretty much useless for anything else (well, except reading your email while you're taking a dump).

Personally, I'll stick with 1.50 until I have a good reason to upgrade (and that very well might be GTA, now that I have the option to go back to 1.50).

10:59 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The downgrading process needs to be followed perfectly.. One of the files needed for downgrading is now explored as a trojaner that deletes important system files on your psp... I was scared when I heard this and i saw a video made by the antivirus company F-Secure where a guy showed how to destroy the psp with that trojaner...
Well... I will be careful about this but.. The process works sometime and sometime not...

8:26 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is going back a bit, i remember when this came out

12:33 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Previous psphacks